G is 5 weeks today. I need to write down my birth story with her before I forget the details of the day. The picture above is of the three of us, an hour before leaving for the hospital. G was 5 days past her due date and my placenta was showing signs … Continue reading Baby G’s Birth Story. Part 1.
I’ve gotten the sweetest, funniest, most amazingly supportive emails and messages from mama friends. Their words have made me feel much better and given me perspective. Birthing our children is 1% of the work. The other 99% that has the most effect on how they turn out as people is the most import part of … Continue reading 40 weeks + 4 days.
I’m a little sad this evening. I had an NST this morning at 8:30am. The baby was moving but I could tell from the nurse’s reaction that something was not as good as it usually is. Then I saw my OB, Dr. Perlow, for my weekly appointment at 1:30pm. She said the baby was moving … Continue reading 40 weeks + 2 days = looking at our options.
One day past my due date and nothing. All of my appointments were tentatively scheduled. Dave was home doing all the things I usually do; making breakfast, taking P to school and ballet, etc. I decided to take today to be a quiet day for just me and my body. I took a long walk … Continue reading 40 weeks + 1 day
Today is my due date… With so many people choosing scheduled C-sections and the media’s skewed portrayal of birth, it’s interesting to see/hear people’s reaction to the following dialogue: stranger: wow! when are you due? me: today stranger: today? me: yes stranger: OMG! (as they back away) are you going to deliver right now? me: … Continue reading Due Date: 3-13-12
P was born in Los Angeles, at Cedar Sinai on November 20, 2007 at 6:24pm weighing 7lb 3oz and 19.5inches long. She is my first child. Finally, I’m a mother, something I’ve wanted since I held my brother for the first time when I was 5. My pregnancy was super smooth. I slept well, ate … Continue reading 7lb 3oz, 19.5inches